Vitamix 5200 and 5300 belong to the classic series Vitamix product line. These blenders come with powerful motors and their containers feature premium stainless steel blades.
This motor power and premium blending blade combination allow you to make your favorite smoothies into a smooth consistency in just a matter of seconds.
In this post, I will compare the similarities and differences of Vitamix 5200 and 5300 and provide you with valid reasons on why the Vitamix 5200 is the perfect fit for your household.
TIP: In practice, Vitamix 5200 and 5300 have almost identical performance since both are powerful enough to blend even the toughest ingredients.
So What Are the Three Major Reasons to Go for the Vitamix 5200 in 2022?
- The controls for the Vitamix 5200 are exceedingly simple and it has a speed dial positioned in the middle of the motor base to allow you to adjust the speed of the blades.
- The blades featured in the Vitamix 5200 container are nothing short of exceptional since they are equipped with 3-inch stainless-steel, laser-cut blades and hence perform better than blades featured by almost any other non-Vitamix blender on the market today.
- The Vitamix 5200 is the perfect blender for anyone looking to buy their first blender since it can be purchased at a more affordable price than the newly upgraded models in the market, including the 5300.
Vitamix 5200 vs 5300: What are Their Major Differences?
- Vitamix 5300 is more powerful with a newer, improved 2.2 horsepower motor compared to the Vitamix 5200 which has a 2.0 horsepower motor.
- The container design of Vitamix 5200 is tall and narrow, while the Vitamix 5300 comes with a sleeker and wider, lower-profile container that can fit under the standard kitchen cabinet.
- The 64-oz low-profile container (comes with the Vitamix 5300) has larger blades of 4 inches while the 64-oz classic tall container (comes with the Vitamix 5200) has small blades of 3 inches which means a smaller cutting area.
- Vitamix 5200 is cheaper than Vitamix 5300.
- Vitamix 5200 lacks a pulse button while Vitamix 5300 comes with one.
- The height of the Vitamix 5200 with the container is 20.5 inches while that of the 5300 with the container is 17.25.
- Vitamix 5300 motor has better cooling for longer running but the 5200 doesn’t have the cooling feature!
Vitamix 5200 vs 5300: What are Their Key Similarities?
- Both Vitamix 5300 and 5200 come with a radial cooling fan to prevent overheating.
- They both have an adjustable speed dial with 10-speed settings.
- Both come with a 7-year warranty when you buy them brand new.
- Both blenders have a 64-oz capacity pitcher, but the 5200 comes with the classic tall container while the 5300 comes with the low-profile container.
- Both Vitamix 5200 and 5300 have a self-clean mode for the containers.
- They both have a six-foot power cord.
- A tamper is included in the package for both blenders!
Vitamix 5200 vs 5300: Blender Base & Motor Comparison
Vitamix 5200 features a 2.0-HP motor, which is powerful enough to spin the blades at an impressively high speed.
On the other hand, the Vitamix 5300 features a 2.2-peak horsepower motor which is the highest horsepower motor that Vitamix offers in their consumer blenders at the moment.
Therefore, both Vitamix 5300 and 5200 are powerful enough to make recipes like smoothies, vegetable juices, soups, dips, hot chocolate, and even nuts to consistency!
A Quick Overview of How Vitamix 5200 and 5300 Compare:
|Vitamix 5200||Vitamix 5300|
|Dimensions||8.75*7.25*20.5 inches||8.75*7.25*17.25 inches|
|Power Wattage||1380 W||1640 W|
|Pulse Button||No, (Only a High-Speed Switch)||Yes|
|Variable Speed Control||Yes, 10-Speed||Yes, 10-Speed|
|Warranty||7 Years||7 Years|
|Cooling||Ambient airflow||Built-in Cooling Fan|
|Height||20.5 inches||17.25 inches|
|Prices||Check Price||Check Price|
Vitamix 5200 vs 5300: Container & Blades Comparison
The Vitamix 5200 container features a classic tall and narrow design, while that of the Vitamix 5300 features a low-profile design.
The low-profile design of the Vitamix 5300 container makes it easy to add ingredients while the blender is still running.
Although the capacity of both blender containers is 64 oz, the Vitamix 5200 container is designed with a small base to accommodate small batches of ingredients.
TIP: Simply put, with the 64-oz classic tall container, you can blend small to large batches depending on your needs!
But the 64-oz low-profile container is suitable for medium to larger batches. That’s since its wider base doesn’t make it ideal for blending smaller, single-serving, recipes!
|Vitamix 5200||Vitamix 5300|
|Blade Width||3 inches||4 inches|
|Pitcher Capacity||64 ounces||64 ounces|
|Blades Material||Hardened Stainless Steel||Hardened Stainless Steel|
|Lids||Spill-Proof Lid||Spill-Proof Lid|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Vitamix 5200 vs 5300: FAQS and Answers
Bearing in mind that both Vitamix 5200 and 5300 have many buyers, there are plenty of questions that are frequently asked about the two blenders.
In this section, I will take a quick look at some common questions that are usually asked about the functions and maintenance of the blenders.
1. Is Vitamix 5300 Good?
In most cases, the main challenge that people face while buying any Vitamix blender is the cost. The Vitamix 5300 is no exception to that rule since it can be quite pricey!
However, there are a number of reasons that make the Vitamix 5300 blender a fantastic option that is worth the price!
For starters, it has a powerful 2.2 horsepower motor that allows it to have an exceptional blending power performance thus providing more consistent soups and smoothies, among other recipes!
Moreover, the Vitamix 5300 comes with a large 64-oz low-profile container that provides you with more than enough space to blend large batches of your favorite recipes.
And on top, you get a low-profile tamper, that is quite useful for pushing ingredients down the blades. This further helps you make smoothly consistent blends!
2. Is the Vitamix 5200 Worth It?
Ye quick answer is YES! And that’s due to a number of valid reasons. For one, the Vitamix 5200 has a powerful 2.0 horsepower motor that makes it easier to crush all your toughest ingredients including nuts to consistency!
And it comes with a large 64-oz classic container with a tall, narrow design that allows for blending smaller to large batches.
What’s more, the Vitamix 5200 is super easy to control. It features an On/Off switch, a high-Speed switch that acts as the pulse, and a 10-Speed control knob. That’s all you need to prepare your recipes to your desired consistency!
3. Is Vitamix 5300 Loud?
Virtually all Vitamix blenders make some noise when blending ingredients and the Vitamix 5300 is not an exception! However, the 5300 is a high-speed blender compared to other blenders.
Thanks to the powerful 2.2-HP motor which is the most important aspect of the Vitamix 5300. It allows it to blend so quickly and hence you are not exposed to the higher noise levels for more than a few minutes.
4. Is Vitamix 5200 Self-Cleaning?
Most people are concerned about the self-cleaning feature before making a choice of which Vitamix to buy. Fortunately, the Vitamix 5200 has a self-cleaning feature which makes the cleaning process more convenient to the user!
You will only need to add a few drops of dishwasher soap into the container and fill it halfway with clean water. Then, run the blender at the highest speed for 30 seconds. Pour the soapy water over the lid, and finish by rinsing both the container and lid thoroughly!
5. Can You Make Soup with Vitamix 5300?
While the Vitamix 5300 is not designed with a heating element, you can make hot soup from the friction created by the high-speed spinning blades.
For example, in just less than six minutes the Vitamix 5300 will heat frozen liquids and bring them to a boiling temperature when run at the highest speed. How else can you make those delicious soup recipes?
Vitamix 5200 vs 5300: Which Do I Recommend?
Vitamix 5200 and 5300 have almost similar performance since both are powerful enough to blend even the toughest ingredients.
Therefore, if you are looking for a reliable and durable blender that will meet your needs effectively, then you can go for either the Vitamix 5200 or 5300.
But one thing about the Vitamix 5200 is that it has a taller, narrow container that provides a slightly better vortex which makes it better in making ice creams, almond milk, and other general baking needs.
On the other hand, the shorter, wider container and larger blades that come with the Vitamix 5300 make the snow cone style shave out of ice cubes in less than five seconds.
Remember, the 5300 also features a pulse switch that’s super-handy for easy coarse chopping and getting lighter ingredients to the bottom of the container for a perfect mix!
That said, if you are looking for an affordable blender with a strong blending performance even when dealing with the toughest of ingredients, then I recommend you go for the Vitamix 5200.
The Vitamix 5200, gives you value for your money. It is reliably powerful, durable, and very easy to use. It makes for a perfect blender for those who want an affordable but powerful blender with user-friendly controls!