The Vitamix 5200 and E320 are two of the Vitamix top-selling blender models. In this comparison review, I’ll help narrow down to your ideal pick while also giving my valid reasons on why the E320 is the perfect fit in 2022.
Actually, their functions are almost similar but Vitamix E320 comes from the Explorian Series while the 5200 is one of the Vitamix C-Series models, which are also known as Classic Series blenders.
So, What Are My 3 Reasons to Buy the E320 in 2022?
- It features a newer, powerful 2.2-HP motor with better airflow for cooling and is slightly less noisy than the 5200.
- Comes with the 64-oz low-profile jar that allows it to fit under the standard kitchen cabinets.
- The Refurbished E320 is the perfect blender for anyone looking to buy their first blender on a budget. It’s super affordable but very reliable and powerful!
Vitamix 5200 vs E320: What Are Their Key Differences?
- Vitamix E320 has a newer 2.2-HP motor that is much powerful than the 2.0-HP motor that comes with the Vitamix 5200.
- The 5200 comes with the 64-oz tall-narrow container that features a 3-inch blade, while E320 comes with the 64-oz low-profile container that has a 4-inch blade.
- E320 has a pulse switch, but the features a “Max-Power” switch which will still give you a pretty nice pulse.
- The Vitamix E320 is slightly cheaper than Vitamix 5200. And even better, it’s also less noisy than the 5200!
Vitamix 5200 vs E310: What Are Their Key Similarities?
- They both come with a 7-year warranty when you buy them brand new.
- Self-cleaning is easy for both blenders. All you need is a drop of dish soap and warm water and the Vitamix machine will clean itself in under 60 seconds!
- Both blenders come with a free tamper and a recipe book.
TIP: And you can always buy the after-market Tamperla Vitamix Tamper, it has 12 useful features for convenience while blending!
Vitamix 5200 vs E320: Blender Base & Motor Comparison
The Vitamix 5200 features a 2.0-HP motor, which is powerful enough to blend just about any ingredient! Yet, the E320 comes with a more powerful 2.2-HP motor that offers better cooling and runs slightly quieter than the 5200.
Both two blenders are very powerful, reliable, and durable. The 5200 is an older model that belongs to the C-Series product line. Whereas the E320 belongs to the Explorian product line hence the much powerful motor.
Here is a quick head-to-head overview of how these two blenders compare:
|Vitamix 5200||Vitamix E320|
|Pulse||Yes, Max-Power Switch||Yes, Pulse Switch|
|Speed Setting Dial||10-Speed||10-Speed|
|Available Colors||Black, Red, White, |
|Height (with Jar)||20.5 Inches||18 Inches|
|Weight (with Jar)||10.56 lb||13 lb|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Vitamix 5200 vs E320: Container & Blades Comparison
The Vitamix 5200 comes with the 64-oz classic tall container that has a narrow design. This container design makes it perfect for preparing small to large, family-size batches.
On the other hand, the E320 comes with a 64-oz low-profile container that has a wide, shorter design. It’s the perfect container for medium to large, family-size recipes.
The main advantage of the low-profile jar is its large 4-inch stainless steel blades that will cut through ingredients faster compared to the 3-inch stainless steel blades that come with the classic tall container.
What’s more, the low-profile container is also shorter such that the Vitamix E320 stands at just about 18 inches tall with the container on top. This allows it to fit under the standard kitchen cabinets, which is quite convenient for storage.
|Vitamix 5200||Vitamix E320|
|Container Size||64-oz Classic Tall||64-oz Low-Profile|
|Includes Tamper||Yes, Classic Tamper||Yes, Low-Profile Tamper|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Vitamix 5200 vs E320: FAQs and Answers
What Can the Vitamix E320 Do?
Vitamix E310 comes with a powerful motor to blend just about any ingredients into your desired consistency.
Is Vitamix E320 Loud?
Vitamix blenders are always louder such that even the so-called quietest Vitamix will produce some sound when blending. At maximum speed, the Vitamix E320 goes all the way up to 98 dB meaning it’s ten times as loud as the quiet Vitamix.
Is the Vitamix Explorian Worth It?
If you want a multipurpose Vitamix blender, then I recommend Vitamix Explorian E320 since it does an amazing job at blending, crushing ice, and can even blend hot foods like soups.
Is Vitamix E320 Good for Smoothies?
With the Vitamix E320, you can make perfect smoothies that are free of chunks from absolutely any raw fruits or veggies such as beets, carrots, lemons pineapples, and so on!
How Loud is Vitamix 5200?
At maximum speed, the Vitamix 5200 is as loud as most blenders in the market but fortunately, the blender works so quickly hence you are not exposed to the higher noise levels for very long.
Can You Make Soup With Vitamix E320?
You can make soup with the Vitamix E320 by starting with whatever cold soup ingredients and broth you choose to blend. The friction of blades will make a steaming-hot soup within a few minutes right in the container.
Can Vitamix E320 Blend Ice?
The Vitamix E320 features high-powered motors that allow it to sturdily spin the stainless steel blades such that to quickly and easily crush ice. Thus, you can use it to produce snow cones, ice creams, slushy drinks, or restaurants like daiquiris.
Does the Vitamix 5200 Heat Soup?
With Vitamix 5200, you can actually blend and heat cold ingredients into a hot soup in less than ten minutes. So long as the blades spin quickly enough, the friction will make you hot soup at the perfect temperature.
Is the Vitamix 5200 a Good Blender?
Vitamix 5200 is a full-size blender with a proven performance. And with the 64-oz container, this blender is suitable for making large batches of your favorite foods. It’ll easily blend smoothies, almond butter, and bar-quality crushed ice!
Is Vitamix 5200 Dishwasher Safe?
Unfortunately, the Vitamix 5200 blender container is not dishwasher safe but this does not mean that the cleaning process is difficult.
NOTE: The recommended cleaning method for most Vitamix blender containers is to self-clean using warm water and gentle dish detergent. To clean the 5200, all you need is to:
- Fill it halfway with water.
- Then add a few drops of dish soap.
- Next, switch on the blender and turn the variable speed knob to full speed.
- Let it run at full speed for 30 to 60 seconds and switch it off.
- Pour the soapy water over the lid and rinse the container and lid thoroughly.
- TIP: You can wipe-clean the blender base with a damp clothe if need be!
Vitamix 5200 vs E320: Which Do I Recommend?
Both Vitamix 5200 and E320 are good at consistently blending just about any ingredient. Yet, the 5200 will be better at handling smaller batches since it comes with a narrower container.
But I recommend the E320 due to its powerful 2.2-HP motor. The extra power gives you more versatility and ease in achieving your desired consistency or texture! It also has a pulse button.
What’s more, the low-profile container design allows the Vitamix E320 to perfectly fit inside the standard kitchen cabinets. Such a good way to conveniently store it!
TIP: If you’re looking to buy your first Vitamix machine on a budget, then I recommend getting a Refurbished Vitamix E320. It’ll cost you a little over $250, but the price is worth every penny.