Vitamix A3300 and A3500 are both premium blenders in Vitamix’s newest ascent series product line. They offer the best of what Vitamix has to provide in terms of performance, design, and improved features.
They are arguably the best Vitamix blenders you can buy at the moment. With them, you should expect the perfect texture of whatever ingredients you would want to blend.
What’s more, their improved features will make your blending life much easier and more enjoyable! Despite having the same blending power and performance, the A3300 lacks the preprogrammed settings that you get with the A3500.
That said, both are very reliable and efficient to last you for a long time period without any hassles. And this may explain why Vitamix offers a 10-year warranty for these two blender models.
In this review, I will compare the two and provide my own reasons as to why you should choose the Vitamix A3500 as your ideal blender in 2022.
So, Why Do I Recommend the Vitamix A3500 Over A3300?
- Vitamix A3500 comes with five program settings for Smoothies, Hot Soups, Dips & Spreads, Frozen Desserts, and Self-Cleaning. This feature offers you a walk-away blending convenience and consistent results.
- It also features a programmable countdown timer that makes the blender shut off when done. The countdown timer helps to eliminate the guesswork with the recipes you process manually hence achieving the best blending experience every time.
- The A3500 is also excellent for soups. It’s safe for hot blends and hence you can easily make hot recipes like pureeing stewed tomatoes.
- It’s a well-built and versatile full-size blender that comes with a 64-ounce low profile jar which enables you to handle most of your blending needs effectively. For example, you can easily blend almonds to make smooth nut butter as well as make snow-like crushed ices in less than a minute.
- Vitamix A3500 comes with a touch-sensitive control panel. The function of the white button on the left is to change the pulse mode of the blender while the white button on the right hand is for starting or stopping the blender.
- It’s also easy to clean. You can easily clean most messes by just rinsing the jar. And for effective cleaning, all you need is to just fill it up with soapy hot water and run it at a maximum speed. That said, the jar, lid, and blade are dishwasher-safe.
- Vitamix A3500 comes with a long power cord to reach most outlets within your kitchen countertop.
Vitamix A3300 vs A3500: What is Their Main Difference?
- The main difference between the two is that the Vitamix A3500 comes with 5 preset programs for Smoothies, Hot Soups, Dips & Spreads, Frozen Desserts, and Self-Cleaning but the Vitamix A3300 lacks the preset programs.
- The preset programs make the A3500 a great blender for all homes and offices. It allows you to focus on other things at home while still blending and hence saving time.
Vitamix A3300 vs A3500: What are Their Main Similarities?
- Both the A3500 and A3300 come with variable speed and pulse features which helps to simply change the speed level even when the blender is not operating. The function of the pulse button is to blast off powerful items within seconds. The two blenders are perfect for those that have to rush out early and want to make a quick-fix smoothie.
- Both are super powerful and among the most technologically advanced blenders, you can get today! The most loved feature of the two is wireless connectivity. In this case, you can make use of the Vitamix Perfect Blend app with your iPad or smart mobile phone hence making the blending experience virtually effortless.
- Both Vitamix A3300 and A3500 come with a 2.2 peak motor which allows you to handle any blending task without hassles. The motor comes with a base that is heat resistant and provides you with a high level of safety even if you have to use the blender all through the day.
- They both come with the 64-oz low-profile jar with Self-Detect. The design of the container makes it fit under the standard kitchen cabinet while still on the blender base.
- The container features an aircraft-grade stainless steel blade that is strong enough to cut through any ingredients within a short time. It’s also big enough to prepare any large batch of food for the family.
- They both come with a 10-year warranty. If you want a blender with a long lifespan and quality warranty, then any of the two blenders is the right option for you.
- The two are compatible with the Vitamix Perfect Blend app that contains 17 program settings and over 500 recipes. Their Bluetooth-enabled technology allows you to unlock a huge selection of blending modes and recipes by just using your smartphone or iPad.
- Vitamix A3500 and A3300 come with the same accessories. You have access to the cookbook, motor base, container, and a low-profile tamper. The best thing about the two blenders is that you have all you need to handle all your blending tasks without any stress.
- Both Vitamix A3500 and A3300 are not quiet when it comes to operation. They have a powerful motor that makes them give loud sound, but their performance overshadows the noise and hence making the best blenders that provide you with the greatest blending experience.
Vitamix A3300 vs A3500: Blender Base & Motor Comparison
Vitamix A3300 and A3500 blender bases are part of the Ascent series product line models that are made of durable plastic with shiny metal trimming.
The most important thing about the plastic base is that it is heat resistant. This provides you with a high level of safety even if you have to use the blender multiple times throughout the day.
Both feature the solid and powerful 2.2 peak motor which is capable of handling any blending task without any stress. The motor is equipped with a radial cooling fan and thermal control which are responsible for keeping the blender cool under all conditions.
The protection system of the motor ensures that nothing goes wrong. It shuts off the blender once it gets too hot. This enhances the long lifespan of the blender and hence you continue enjoying the best blending experience without any stress.
A Quick Overview of How Vitamix A3300 and A3500 Compare
|Vitamix A3300||Vitamix A3500|
|Dimensions||11” x 8” x 17”||11” x 8” x 17”|
|Blade||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Interface||Touchscreen Control||Touchscreen Control|
|Program Settings||No||Five Programs|
|Variable Speed||10-Variable Speed||10-Variable Speed|
|Container||64-oz Low-Profile||64-oz Low-Profile|
|Material||BPA-free Plastic||BPA-free Plastic|
Vitamix A3300 vs A3500: Container & Blades Comparison
Both Vitamix A3300 and A3500 come with the 64-oz low-profile jar with Self-Detect. You can use it for a wide range of applications such as making smoothies, soups, crushing ice-creams among others.
The container features Self-Detect technology which makes their motor base automatically read its size to adjust the settings.
And like all the Vitamix containers, it comes with an aircraft-grade stainless steel blade that is very sharp and strong to smash any ingredients within a short time.
This container is also big enough to allow you to prepare any large batch of food for the family and at the same time enables you to achieve the best blending experience.
Vitamix A3300 vs A3500: FAQs and Answers
1. Which Vitamix Model is the Best?
On all grounds, Vitamix A3500 is the best blender that will give you the greatest blending experience. It has modern technology, including 5 preset programs, a programmable blend timer, and Bluetooth connectivity to connect with smartphone devices.
Self-cleaning is an important part you don’t want to miss out on in a blender and that makes the Vitamix A3500 the right choice for you. It is easier to clean with the preset button and you don’t have to do more on cleaning the container as it happens with the other types of blenders in the market.
The most interesting side of Vitamix A3500 is that it has a superior performance and is capable of giving you a perfect texture of whatever ingredient you wish to blend and this makes it look better than any other blender in the market.
2. Is Vitamix A3300 Worth It?
Vitamix A3300 is the best for professional use. It is well-built, comes with a large container to hold more blends and it is easier to clean it either by hand or by a dishwasher.
The best thing about this blender is that it can crush ice into snow-like consistency and make smoothies and spreadable almond butter. In addition, it comes with a 64-oz low-profile jar with self-detect.
The design of the container makes it fit under any countertop easily without any struggle. If you run any of the 17 presets from your smartphone/iPad, you won’t have to worry about over or under-blending your recipe since the blending time will automatically adjust to the size of the container.
3. Is The Vitamix Ascent A3500 Worth It?
Vitamix A3500 is a well-built and versatile full-size blender that comes with a 64-ounce jar which allows you to tackle most of blending needs effectively without any stress. The container is large enough for you to prepare batches for your family in a few minutes.
4. Does Vitamix A3300 Have Programs?
Vitamix A3300 comes without any program but it does have a programmable timer that helps to eliminate the possibilities of over or under-processing your recipe. Things will get more exciting when you pair your blender with the perfect blend app.
With this app, you will have access to a long list of presets which include smoothies, hot soups, frozen desserts, and grind spices among others. The preprogrammed settings along with its self-detect feature will guarantee a perfect blend every time.
5. Does The Vitamix A3300 Have Bluetooth?
Absolutely yes, the Vitamix A3300 is a smart blender that comes with wireless Bluetooth connectivity. This allows you to connect to the perfect blend app from your iPad and smartphone.
With Bluetooth wireless connectivity, the blender automatically sends information about the size of the container to the app for the best blending experience. You also get access to over 17 preset programs and a whole lot of Vitamix recipes.
6. How Loud is the Vitamix A3500?
Most if not all Vitamix blenders available in the market are not quiet and A3500 is not exceptional. It has a powerful motor that makes it loud when blending.
The most exciting thing about the blender is that its performance overshadows its noise. Besides, it will take only a few minutes to blend your ingredients.
7. Is The Vitamix A3500 Self-Cleaning?
Self-cleaning is an important feature that you must consider before making the choice of the best Vitamix. The truth of the matter is that all containers designed for the ascent series blenders are both self-cleaning and dishwasher safe.
As such, the 64-oz low-profile container with self-detect that comes with the Vitamix A3500 is self-cleaning and dishwasher safe.
To clean the container, you will only be required to add a drop of dish soap to the container, fill it halfway with warm water and blend at your machine’s highest speed for 30 to 60 seconds.
8. What Can the Vitamix A3500 Do?
Vitamix A3500 ascent series is one of the best blenders in the market featuring a sleek modern design and supreme functionality. It is excellent for making any kind of smoothies, crushing ice, hot soups, dips, and nut butter.
And you can at times use it to make frozen treats. In addition, you can even use it to process food. That explains why the Vitamix A3500 is the most popular countertop blender right now.
9. Do Vitamix Blades Get Dull?
Yes, the wet blades get dull when they are used to break down ice cubes and other hard ingredients like nuts. Fortunately, you can sharpen the blades safely and quickly and get your Vitamix back to its normal operation.
If you notice that your smoothie is not as smooth and has chunks and ice cubes in it, then the blades will need to be sharpened. Sharpening the blades will eliminate the risk of the motor being burned.
TIP: Alternatively, you can consider sending the container to the Vitamix customer/technical support center for repairs and restoration.
10. Is Vitamix Really Worth the Money?
Absolutely YES! Vitamix blenders are more powerful, durable, and versatile than other blender types in the market. They are built to last with long-term warranties to give you the best value for your money.
The most exciting thing about Vitamix blenders is that their responsive control creates a full range of textures, from chunky salsas to smoother smoothies, letting you adjust each blend to your own taste buds!
Vitamix A3300 vs A3500: Which Do I Recommend?
The Vitamix A3300 and A3500 are very similar full-size blenders that belong to the Ascent series lineup. They are well built and easy to clean. They are compatible with the Vitamix app that contains 17 program settings and over 600 recipes.
While both models have a programmable digital timer, only the Vitamix A3500 has preset programs. This makes the blender outshine the A3300 since you can walk away by simply pressing the program button and it will prepare your custom recipe within the set time.
With the present “Self-Cleaning” button, the Vitamix A3500 is also easier to clean. You will only be required to add a drop of dish wash soap to the container, fill it halfway with warm water and blend at your machine’s highest speed for less than one minute.
That said, I recommend getting the A3500 so that you can enjoy a smooth blending convenience while making recipes. However, if you are on a tight budget, then A3300 can be your selection. It will still give you a perfect texture of whatever ingredients you wish to blend.