Vitamix is the leading giant in terms of reliability and market share in the kitchen blenders industry.
Thanks for its great reputation for manufacturing versatile blending machines with proven performance and unmatched durability!
The Ascent series product line is their recent creation that features four smart systems blender models. These include the A2300, A2500, A3300, and A3500 that I recommend as the overall best Vitamix to buy in 2022.
In this quick review, I’ll be comparing the Vitamix A2500 vs A3500 and offer my expert opinion on which model suits your blending needs.
A Quick Summary Highlights of What I Think About Vitamix A3500 vs A2500:
- For starters, both the Vitamix A2500 and A3500 are smart system blenders, meaning they come with built-in wireless Bluetooth connectivity that pairs with your Android and iOS devices.
- When you pair any of these blenders with your smartphone, you can access the Vitamix Perfect Blend app which features 17 preset blending modes and over 500 recipes.
- What’s more, these two blenders come with the same powerful and modernized 2.2-peak horsepower motor that is capable of blending even the toughest of ingredients like grinding coffee, making nut butter, and milling dry grains.
- With any of them, you also get a large 64-oz low-profile container with the Self-Detect technology.
- Speaking of technology, Self-Dectet allows the Vitamix blender base to auto-recognize the container size so it can auto-adjust its “internal” blending settings for the best consistency and texture.
- That said, the A3500 is a bit superior to the A2500 in that it comes with a sleek touchscreen control panel and 5 preset programs. You also get a programmable digital timer when you get the A3500.
- Yet, the A2500 is much more affordable in comparison. But it only comes with 3 preset programs, and physical switches, and its digital timer is not programmable. That’s, it’s just a count-up timer!
- Another important factor to consider between the two is that the A3500 is much quieter than the A2500. Thanks to its all metal-finish blender base that gives it a noise-dampening design. It also has a slightly wide base that enhances airflow cooling which leads to the motor producing less noise when blending.
- To sum this up, I recommend getting the A3500 if you can afford its high-end price tag. This is a worthy investment that you should expect to last you for the next decade and beyond. Both come with a digital variable 10-Speed control knob and 10 years full warranty.
The 5 Vitamix A3500 Preset Programs
- Hot Soups,
- Dips & Spreads,
- Frozen Desserts, and;
NOTE: With the A2500, you only get 3 preset programs for Smoothies, Hot Soups, and Frozen Desserts.
What is the Difference Between Vitamix A2500 and A3500?
- The Vitamix A3500 has 5 preset blending programs while A2500 has 3. With the A3500 you can prepare ingredients like smoothies, hot soups, frozen desserts as well as dips and spreads.
- The A3500 features a touchscreen panel for controlling the programmable digital timer, power On/Off, and pulse feature. The A2500 on the other uses physical switches for pulse and power On/Off.
- Vitamix A3500 comes in all metal finishes including brushed stainless, black stainless, graphite metal, and copper. The premium design along with its slightly wider base makes it much quieter compared to the A2500.
What are the Similarities Between Vitamix A2500 vs A3500?
- They both feature a powerful and modernized 2.2-peak horsepower motor that can not only blend your smoothies and hot soups to consistency, but will also handle touch ingredients like milling dry grains, grinding coffee, and making silky smooth, creamy nut butter.
- Both come with a large 64-oz low-profile container with the Self-Dectet technology. The container is perfect for making medium-sized to large family-sized batches. My favorite feature about this container is that it’s both self-cleaning and dishwasher safe.
- Both come with a digital timer. Although, the A3500 timer is programmable such that the blender auto-shuts after ending “your set” blending cycle. This offers you a walk-away blending convenience and uniform consistency in all the times you will ever prepare that particular recipe.
- Both Vitamix A3500 and A2500 come with built-in Bluetooth connectivity that pairs with your smartphone devices to access the Vitamix perfect blend app that gives you access to 17 preset programs and over 500 recipes.
- They both are compatible with all the Vitamix ascent series accessories and attachments including the 20-oz blending cup, 8-oz bowl, and the Vitamix food processor attachment among others!
Vitamix A2500 vs A3500: Blender Base & Motor Comparison
Both Vitamix A2500 and A3500 feature modernized base unit which is made up of durable plastic with shiny metal trimming.
The plastic base is heat resistant hence providing you a high level of safety even when the blender is used for a long period of time.
That said, both the two models along with the other Vitamix Ascent series blenders feature a high-performance 2.2-peak horsepower motor.
That said, they both come with a premium digital control knob and a pulse feature that allows you to manually fine-tune the texture of any recipe.
[QUOTE] TIP: Keep in mind that the A3500 comes with a touchscreen control panel for the digital timer, pulse, and Power On/Off, whereas the A2500 features physical switches for pulse and power On/Off.
How Vitamix A2500 vs A3500 Compare At a Glance
|Vitamix A2500||Vitamix A3500|
|Platform||Ascent Series||Ascent Series|
|Radial Cooling Fan||Yes||Yes|
|Variable Speed Knob||Yes, 10-Speed||Yes, 10-Speed|
|Pulse Feature||Yes, Physical Switch||Yes, Buttons|
|Digital Timer||Yes||Yes, Programmable|
|Preset Programs||Yes, 3 Programs||Yes, 5 Programs|
|Container Size||64-oz Low-Profile||64-oz Low-Profile|
|Tamper Included||Yes, Low-Profile||Yes, Low-Profile|
|Height (with Jar)||17”||17”|
|Weight (with Jar)||11.86 lbs||14.92 lbs|
|Available Colors||Black, Red, Slate, & White||Black, Brushed Stainless Finish, |
& Pearl Gray
|Price||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
Vitamix A2500 vs A3500: Container & Blades Comparison
The great feature about the Vitamix ascent series blenders is that they all come with the same 64-oz low-profile container with Self-Detect.
[QUOTE] That’s including the A2500 and A3500, as well as the A2300 and A3300 that I’ve featured in other comparison buying guides.
The Self-Detect technology allows the blender base to automatically detect the container size and adjust its “internal” programs and blending times for perfect consistency.
Yet, my favorite feature about this container is that it’s both self-cleaning and dishwasher safe. The latter is especially a lifesaver!
Vitamix A2500 vs A3500: FAQs and Answers
1. Which Vitamix Model Is the Best?
When it comes to deciding between Vitamix A2500 and A3500, then I would recommend you go for the A3500. It’s a much quieter Vitamix and comes with a sleek touchscreen control panel and 5 preset programs.
The programmable digital timer that comes with the A3500 prevents under or over-processing of ingredients. My favorite feature about it is that it can crush ice into snow-like consistency and make smoothies and spreadable almond butter.
2. Is The Vitamix Ascent A3500 Worth It?
Yes, the A3500 is a multi-purpose blender with great feature sets that allows you to easily blend any ingredient out there to consistency. This blender is especially great for smoothies and protein shakes.
3. Does Vitamix A2500 Have Programs?
Yes, the A250o comes with three preset programs for smoothies, hot soup, and frozen desserts. With the preset programs, the blender will auto-shut itself when done with the blending task for that particular preset mode!
4. Does the Vitamix A2500 have Bluetooth?
Yes, along with all the other Vitamix ascent series blender models the A2500 comes with built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity. The feature allows you to pair the blender with your smartphone device.
Once paired, you can control your blender with the Vitamix Perfect Blend app that is available for both Android and iOS. With it, you gain access to 17 preset programs and over 500 Vitamix recipes – the list keeps growing by the day!
5. How Loud is Vitamix A3500?
The A3500 is arguably the quietest Vitamix model at the moment1 Only the Pro 750 rivals it. At maximum speeds, the A3500 is about 84 decibels. In simple language, you can have a normal-tone conversation when running this blender.
6. Is The Vitamix A3500 Self-Cleaning?
Yes, the 64-oz low-profile container that comes with the Vitamix A3500 is self-cleaning. All you need is to fill it up halfway with warm water and add a drop of dish soap then tap the “Self-Cleaning” button on the touch panel.
The blender will run at the maximum speeds for a few seconds then auto-shut. Once done, pour the soapy water over the lid and rise both the container and lid thoroughly!
Vitamix A2500 vs A3500: Which Do I Recommend?
If I’m honest with myself, and of course you, all the Vitamix ascent series blenders are impressive multi-purpose machines that will deliver almost the same consistency when blending your favorite recipes and meals.
Yet, they all come with a different set of feature sets that suits different users. The A2500 will be ideal for you if you want a reasonably-priced Vitamix with modernized feature sets and easy-to-use controls.
On the other hand, the A3500 is much quieter and comes with a sleek touchscreen panel that is not only easy to wipe clean but also gives it a nice, polished appearance when placed on your kitchen counter.
To sum up this quick comparison review, I’d say get the A3500 if you can afford its premium price tag. It’s the best Vitamix that you can get at the moment.
TIP: Both the Vitamix A2500 and A3500 comes with a full 10-year warranty that covers all parts, performance, labor, and two-way shipping at no cost to you!